Friday, March 2, 2012

Up-cycled Vintage Embroidered Linen Birds

I just finished making a new batch of up-cycled vintage linen birds!  After months of going to estate sales and finding just the right vintage embroidered linens I was ready to create more birds just in time for Sugar Plum Bazaar. 

Sugar Plum Bazaar will be held on March 10 & 11th from 10-5 p.m. at the Parkside Mansion at 1859 York Street, Denver. There will will plenty of parking 1 block away at East High School. 

 It is still very cold here in Littleton but I decided to take photos of the birds outside...hoping for Spring to show up!


All the birds have a strong magnet on the bottom so they can just sit on a bird house.









Recently, while sorting  my stash of vintage lace and crochet doilies, I realized I have acquired a large collection after shopping at estate sales for the past year.   Whenever I acquire too much of something, I feel compelled to do something creative with it.  I am currently working on these....Lavender scented sachet hearts...here is a preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment