Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Vintage Dress Pattern Bags

I started writing this blog post last week, but did not have time to finish and post it. I will write about last weeks A Paris Street Market tomorrow (I hope) . I will share pictures of my booth displays and share about the experience of overcast cold windy morning followed by rain, hail - heavy rain which resulted in the market closing early.

Now, back to the post about the Vintage Dress Pattern bags.

Another favorite of mine is finding ways to use vintage fresh patterns. I love the vintage dress illustrations. A few months ago I found a posting on Facebook where the idea of creating bags using iron on transfer paper and vintage dress patterns was posted.

The idea was pretty simple. Print the scanned images onto iron on paper, transfer the image to white cotton fabric and create a bag.
I scanned the dress patterns; then cleaned and edited the images using Adobe Photoshop Elements. After that was done, I printed the images onto iron on paper. The back of the bags have coordinating cotton fabric. I used an assortment. The bags are fully lined with cotton fabric.

Display at A Paris Street Market last Saturday. Despite the short hours of last Saturday's A Paris Street Market, I am very appreciative of how well these bags were received. Thank you! I have created 20 more bags this week so I will be fully stocked for this Saturday's market - Valverde Bazaar.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment