Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vintage Linen and Tiny Bowl Pin Cushions

This past summer, I found a small collection of tiny glass bowls at various estate sales.  I think they use to be little salt or sugar bowls because they came with tiny spoons.  When I spotted them at the estate sale, I immediately saw tiny pin cushions and that is what they have become.  

 It was a challenge to use the vintage linen with the birds.  I really like it but it had some pretty sizable holes so using them in a dressform pin cushion would not work.  I created this set...a tiny glass pin cushion and a larger one.  The red bowl is a purchase from Anthropologie.  This is one set of pin cushions I will be keeping for my own little collection!
 Here are some more pictures of the little glass pin cushions.  You can see I found two different size sugar/salt bowls. 


I also made a couple of pin cushions using the small vintage tart tins.  I will have these available for my upcoming craft fairs.  One of which is this Friday and Saturday at:

CreativiTea
Friday and Saturday
October 28th 9 am - 5 pm
October 29th 9 am - 4 pm
Free Admission
Original Artwork
Fall, Holiday & Christmas Crafts
Bake Sale & Tea Cafe

at
South Suburban Christian Church
7275 S. Broadway
(just north of Dry Creek)
Littleton, Colorado

Staci and I have been working hard.  We will be sharing a double booth since we both have made lots of stuff and are looking forward to this upcoming craft fair. 




3 comments:

  1. I saw your these on Pinterest...they're very pretty! Love the touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty. I have some tiny glass bowls too. Does the glue show through on the outside of the bowl? What kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the delayed response. No, the glue does not show and I used hot glue.

      Delete