Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Vintage Inspired Dressforms by Isa Creations

I love all the magazines published by Stampington & Company.  I have  been lucky to have some of my work published in two of their publications, Haute Handbags and GreenCraft Magazines.  While I was reading their latest issue of Somerset Life (published by Stampington & Company), a creative call challenge caught my attention.

The challenge?  Inspired Ideas..So Sweet Tart Tins...what can you transform them into?   The most obvious was to create a pin cushion from the tiny tart tins but that idea had already been published.  I have many vintage tart tins and jell-o molds, so I brainstormed.  I love dress forms and vintage items I can upcycle.  Slowly, an idea took shape in the form of a dress-form pin cushion with the tart tins as the base.  This idea grew to include vintage thread spools and vintage linens.  

Here is my Inspired Idea:





Creating these little treasures was truly fun!  I love the idea of using all these vintage linens, some of which had holes or little stains, to a new life.  I purchased many of these linens at my local thrift store and estate sales.  These hand-embroidered linens created by women of previous generations is a lost art but with this project, I feel I can salvage some of their work.

I submitted a few to Somerset Life Magazine and plan on adding them to my Etsy store and have them available for my fall craft shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment