Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Wonderful Birthday!

On last weeks post, I mentioned my friend June was coming to visit from Texas.  On Wednesday morning, I picked her up at the airport.  We headed towards Commerce City to visit a little shop, It's Cheaper Than Therapy.  June and I both love to use our Sizzix machines and dies, but what I did not know was that she frequently shops online at this very store! Although I live in the area, I had never made it to the actual store front...I had only placed an order online.   So, imagine our delight at the opportunity to visit the shop in person and realize we both love this online shop.   We were both very happy with our new die purchases.  We were like children at the candy store.

Thursday and Friday mornings, we shopped several Estate Sales.  Thursday we also shopped at my friend Carolyn's Vintage shop -  The Vintage Vendors in historic old town Littleton (5776 S. Rapp St.).   June and I found little treasures we could not live without...the best part is that we got to spend time together.  Phone calls, cards, e-mails are great...but, really, spending time in person is something we both value the most since I moved to Colorado. 

The reason for June's visit?   One of them was it was my birthday!  Last Thursday I...well, I am now a year older.  I was touched by my family and friends who called, gave/sent  me cards or sent me messages via Facebook.  Again, thank you to all who thought of me on that day and especially to those who even sang happy birthday over the phone...my dad, my sister Gaby & nephews, my friend Amy.  It was truly a fun day for me.  I got to hang out with June all day, my daughter Laura baked me my favorite...turtle brownies.  Laura did a fantastic job...the brownies were moist and perfect.  Laura was a little sneaky though, she put trick candles so it took         f-o-r-e-v-e-r     to blow out those candles...Alex and Laura had to help me! It was funny and memorable.


 Saturday morning, June and my family (yes, hubby and both kids) went to the Paris Street Market in Aspen Grove.  It's a great vintage market held on the first Saturday of each month (May - October).  Again, more purchases were made by June and I.  Afterwards, we took June to the airport.  She returned safely home to San Antonio. 
Isabel and June --BFFs

No comments:

Post a Comment