Sunday, March 16, 2014

Alex's 10th Birthday Sleepover Pary & Cake

If you ask my son Alex what he wants to be when he grows up, he will tell you:

"A Lego engineer/designer, 
 or
a  Paleontologist
or 
an Artist.."

The order  to all the above will vary on a given day, but his 3 dream jobs have remained the same for several years now.  He will be 10 years old on Sunday, March 23rd.

However, since the kids and I will be on the road, on the way to Austin, TX  (to visit grandma Ruth)  on the 23rd, we had Alex's Birthday Sleepover party last night.  He invited his two best friends, Ryan and Billy.  The boys had a fun sleepover and stayed up way past their bedtimes.  In fact, they are all taking long naps this afternoon!

Each year, my kids choose a theme for their birthday party.  This year Alex chose Dinosaurs.  I gave Alex tracing paper and asked him to draw dinosaurs for his birthday cake.  I took the drawing and transferred it to the cake and painted it to Alex's specifications.  Yes, I am taking art direction from my little artist who I think is much more talented than me.

This is our collaborate art effort on cake:



Alex's original sketch.  

Naturally, we had to incorporate Legos into the cake.  The candles are Lego candles!  Most of Alex's birthday gifts are Lego's or books about Lego building.


No comments:

Post a Comment