Sunday, July 21, 2013

Happy 16th Birthday Laura!

My little girl is 16 years old today!

I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  Feeling nostalgic remembering so many milestones.  First day of pre-school.  First day of Kindergarten, so many first days!

Now, Laura is driving a car!  She has her driving permit and is not ready to take the driver's license test only because her dad and mom have not given her the time she needed behind the wheel.  The Wagner's are know to procrastinate.  In this case, I don't think neither of us are ready for all these changes.  I know we have to be, but it is so difficult at times.  This past week Laura logged in 8 hours of driving time.  She is progressing very nicely.  Alex and I have been with her the entire time.  I have to give Alex (my 9 year old son) credit for quietly sitting in the back seat of the car while we literally just drive around.

Laura's next milestone will be to get her driver's license.  I know she is getting closer each day to reach that milestone.  Me...I am still working on getting ready.  Now I know how my parents felt when I was 16 and was so happy to have my driver's license.  That look on their faces ...well, I see it in the mirror now!

Laura is now a Junior in High School.   We are proud of all her accomplishments.  Among them, I am proud to say she is an Honor student.   Two more very short years and she will be going away to College.  The thought is very exciting for Laura....for her parents...all I can stay is I have to get ready but I am sure when the day comes I will be unprepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment