Saturday, February 11, 2017

November and December- All in one Post

This is probably the longest I have gone without blogging. The month of November and December are pretty much a blurr.

Between creating vintage inspired Christmas items, 3 holiday Markets- and spending time with family I did not find time to blog. However, I did many post on Isa Creations Vintage Instagram during the last 3 months.

The year began with creating vintage inspired Valentines for Old House Vintage Market in Loveland in mid January. It was a great market and nearly sold out on my tattered quilt vintage valentines. My next post will be highlights of Old House Vintage Market.

Currently I am working on a new collection of flour sack tea towels using tattered quilts and sewing illustration technique for Rebel Junk Market at the end of February- also in Loveland. More on that in another post.

The best way to update my blog is to share photos of the 3 Christmas Markets.

SUGAR PLUM BAZAAR

HORSESHOE HOLIDAY MARKET

RUE DE NOEL - A PARIS STREET MARKET

Once again, thank you to all my customers. I appreciate you purchasing handmade local items!

Sugar Plum Bazaar booth highlights:

My booth was at a corner- this allowed me to create a display wall on one side. So much fun with my friend Amy from Pink Attic Cat at the booth next to me at Sugar Plum Bazaar.

Horseshoe Holiday Market - the lightning for my booth at Horseshoe made my photos darker than I like. So, only have a few photos from this market.

Rue de Noel - A Paris Street Market in Castle Rock

Before Rue de Noel Market, I created many more camper (die from Papertrey Inc.) mini globes since my inventory was low after Sugar Plum Bazaar and Horseshoe Holiday Market.

Also created many Christmas vintage inspired Putz houses using several of Tim Holtz Sizzix dies. These were all created for a Rue de Noel since I was not able to have these ready for the two prior holiday markets. I have to say I loved creating these paper houses and churches - a favorite of mine. Each year I challenge myself to create them a little different - and this year new dies became available making my my creative challenge easier.


My booth at Rue de Noel was my favorite of the season. It was also the biggest - 15 x 10 which allowed me to display more of my holiday inventory along with my year round inventory.

Another item created for Rue de Noel was the mini bottle brush trees with vintage thimble bases. I had a request for them at Sugar Plum Bazaar (I had these during 2016 - sold out). I had hoped to get them ready for 2017 holiday markets but it wasn't until Rue de Noel I was able to get them done.

Happy the large Martha Stewart inspired wreaths with the truly vintage Putz houses were sold to a repeat customer (and her sister in law). They both left happy.

During the holiday season, a sampling of Isa Creations vintage inspired Christmas was at the Pink Attic Cat in downtown Littleton.

Our family traditions continue with kids decorating sugar cookies and our family decorating a gingerbread house on Christmas Eve.

This is a long post with lots of photos but pretty much covers November and December 2017.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment