Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Boxes with Chocolates Inside

Last night my friend Amy and I had craft night!  First, we started by celebrating her belated birthday (her birthday was in January) with dinner at a Mexican Restaurant.  After dinner, we went back to my house and spend the rest of the evening in my craft room (till after midnight!).  Amy worked on scrapbook pages while I created some paper crafts. 

Since Monday is Valentine's Day, I decided to create some special boxes for Alex's teachers (he is in 1st grade).  With the exception of the ribbon and paper heart doily, all the materials are from K&Company.  It's the Kelly Panacci  Valentine line.   It was so much fun to work on these boxes, especially since I used Martha Stewart's scoring board.  It's a wonderful  tool.  I wrapped Hershey's Nugget chocolates with scrapbook paper... so when you open the box it's rather festive.  I cut a 12 x 12 sheet into 6 x 6.  This resulted in the box size of 4 x 4 x 1.

My favorite part last night was spending quality time with my friend Amy.  I love spending time with my friends.  My friend Lisa's birthday will be in a week  and we have fun birthday plans.  Our daughter's, Laura (13) and Sophie(14)  will be joining us for dinner and a movie.  I love to celebrate my friends birthdays! 







No comments:

Post a Comment