Saturday, February 19, 2011

Old Friends, Scrapbooking & Flowers

Recently, I have reconnected with a friend and former co-worker.  Gail and I started out in the same training class and worked in the same group for over 5 years.  When I left the workplace almost 14 years ago,  slowly over time I lost contact with most of them.  I have many fond memories of many of my former co-workers and was sadden to hear that one of them had passed away.  I worked with this group of people for over 5 years in Houston, TX.  This group of co-workers were the best group of people I have worked with and often think about them and wonder what became of them.  Thanks to Gail, now I know. 

Hopefully, our schedules will work out and I will see Gail this March and she will meet my son Alex.  My daughter Laura was a baby the last time I saw Gail.   We will be returning to Texas for our Spring Break!  We will spend time in Houston, San Antonio and Austin.  We  look forward to spending time with many of our old friends and family.  

I am happy to report that I have made progress with Alex's birthday scrapbook.  He loves dinosaurs and  his favorite color is green. This scrapbook is a hybrid.  Most of the pages have 10 x 10 digital layouts, mostly photos placed within templates.  I then place the 10 x 10 print onto a 12 x 12 paper layout.  I love combining both, digital and traditional (paper) into one book.  I covered black chipboard with fabric for the cover.   I am halfway done and hope to finish it by the end of next week. 


 I have also been creating more flowers.  I like the multiple layers and playing with different combinations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment