Sunday, February 6, 2011

Colds, Winter Wonderland & Paper Boxes

On this Sunday morning, I was up extra early because I have a household full of sick people.  My husband has had a bad cold for over a week, my son and daughter came down with it a few days ago.  It's a sad household right now.  Surprisingly, I remain healthy...the question is, for how much longer.  With one husband and two kids sick in bed/sofa, I know what is coming for me.

In the meantime, I can enjoy the beautiful scenery and some hot cocoa.  Snow.  We are expecting even more snow on Tuesday. It will be interesting to compare with today's pictures.

 

In my previous post, I mentioned I had created some paper boxes with flowers.  I learned a new technique on creating paper roses using spellbinders Blossom die (the tutorial in the magazine actually used the Dahlia die, but I only had the Blossom die). I get the magazine digitally from Northridge Publishing, the tutorial came from their February 2011 issue of Cards.

I also got to play with Martha Stewart's scoring board.  It's a wonderful tool, one that I know I will use frequently.  Creating boxes and the accordion style flowers was quit easy and fun.  I also used Martha Stewart's border punches. Those border punches are also one of my favorite tools.
 

 Although these type of paper roses are more time consuming, they are worth the time.


 I used paper from K& Company for all these boxes and flowers.  I love the details of their papers.

 A small box with a single rose.  Perfect to place a small gift inside.


 
I may add some glimmer mist to the flowers.  I have not decided if I will leave them like this or add the mist to them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment