Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vintage Linen and Tiny Bowl Pin Cushions

This past summer, I found a small collection of tiny glass bowls at various estate sales.  I think they use to be little salt or sugar bowls because they came with tiny spoons.  When I spotted them at the estate sale, I immediately saw tiny pin cushions and that is what they have become.  

 It was a challenge to use the vintage linen with the birds.  I really like it but it had some pretty sizable holes so using them in a dressform pin cushion would not work.  I created this set...a tiny glass pin cushion and a larger one.  The red bowl is a purchase from Anthropologie.  This is one set of pin cushions I will be keeping for my own little collection!
 Here are some more pictures of the little glass pin cushions.  You can see I found two different size sugar/salt bowls. 


I also made a couple of pin cushions using the small vintage tart tins.  I will have these available for my upcoming craft fairs.  One of which is this Friday and Saturday at:

CreativiTea
Friday and Saturday
October 28th 9 am - 5 pm
October 29th 9 am - 4 pm
Free Admission
Original Artwork
Fall, Holiday & Christmas Crafts
Bake Sale & Tea Cafe

at
South Suburban Christian Church
7275 S. Broadway
(just north of Dry Creek)
Littleton, Colorado

Staci and I have been working hard.  We will be sharing a double booth since we both have made lots of stuff and are looking forward to this upcoming craft fair. 




2 comments:

  1. I saw your these on Pinterest...they're very pretty! Love the touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty. I have some tiny glass bowls too. Does the glue show through on the outside of the bowl? What kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete