Monday, January 23, 2012

Paper Hot Air Balloons

This is perhaps one of my favorite projects from Margie Romney Aslett's

 

The  minute I saw Margie's Paper Balloons, I knew I had to make them.  Staci knew where I could find paper lanterns -- our local Cost Plus.  I love hot air balloons!  So much so, that I am planning (God willing of course) to go back to Albuquerque's International Balloon Festival in about 4 years --when I turn 50!  My friend June promised she would join me when we return and actually take a balloon ride.  Truth be told, the idea of riding on a hot hair balloon scares me, but if I check this item off my bucket list on my 50th- well that would be fantastic!
That me!  No, it's just my souvenir from one of  trips to Albuquerque's Balloon Festival -  Love my hand blown purple glass balloon.  Hangs over my table in my studio where I create all my projects

But, until that day comes, I am happy to create a paper balloon.  Like I said, Margie's class is very informative and I quickly gathered my supplies to create two balloons.  Of course, the colors are purple and teal and the theme?  Butterflies, of course!  Since I love working with felted wool created from  wool sweaters(up-cycling), I had to create a felted wool butterfly garland for the balloon.






All the bling pieces are from estate sale finds.  It's great when my finds work their way into my projects, whether it's items I sell or for me.  Last Friday, Amy and I had our craft night.  We went out for a nice dinner then came to my little studio to craft.  I finished my smaller balloon Friday night.  It's always so much fun to create with friends!  Here are pictures of a small paper balloon.  Both are now hanging from the ceiling in my basement studio.  

The little metal pail was the wrong color -- I painted dark purple!



Again, if you want to learn how to make these paper balloons, check out Margie Romney-Aslett's blog to sign up for her e-course.

No comments:

Post a Comment