Saturday, January 23, 2016

Vintage Quilt Pieces Repurposed...Kitchen Towels

It's that time of year, again!

Time to put on the dreaded Accountant hat!

Another year,

Actually a great year for my little business,

Isa Creations/Isa Creations Vintage

But, time to create sales and expense spreadsheets

to create the Scedule C.

But, before I start that dreaded accounting/tax task,

I have been having fun

Creating one of a kind kitchen tea towels.

Flour Sack Cotton Towel +

Vintage wedding ring quilt pieces ( a favorite estate sale find from last summer) +

Sizzix Die Cut machine and assortment of dies +

Free form stitching =

Isa Creations Kitchen Towels

All the vintage quilt pieces were washed in hot soapy water. I spent lots of time ironing the pieces. The steps to clean the vintage linens I purchased are time consuming but necessary and well worth the effort.

Lots of lovely wedding ring quilt pieces. All handstitched by someone many years ago. Now, a small portion have been repurposed.

I love using my Sizzix Die cut machine and dies.

Instagram photo with filter, IsaCreationsVintage:
Love creating this flower with Pom Pom trim,

A closer look.

And, my love of HOUSES continues, along with free form stitching!

 

 

A Instagram photo with filter,

A whimsical game of tic tac toe of hearts,

A clothesline of love,

Instagram photo with filter, IsaCreationsVintage:

Currently working on more kitchen towels. I am giving myself till middle of next week to create then I will put on the accountant hat and go into accounting purgatory:(

 

No comments:

Post a Comment