Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Things to come to my Etsy Shop...

It's a new year and once again, I am in awe of how quickly another year is gone.  And with the New Year, I am excited to switch gears for a while and return to scrapbooking!  I love working with felted wool sweaters, but I have been working on nothing but feltedl wool for the last 4 or 5 months  (fall craft shows)...but now,  I am ready to work with paper again. 

I have set several ambitious goals for myself  in regards to scrapbooking.  I intend to start and finish several scrapbook albums.  What are the themes?  My kids birthdays and traveling/vacation books. 

Thankfully, I created so many new felted wool  items in the last few months, I think it is also time to update my Etsy store.  The downside of Etsy is that it really does take time to take pictures, edit and do all the postings.   Since my kids went back to school today, it was a good day to start the process of working on my Etsy shop.  I spent most of the morning taking pictures and editing my photos so I am all set.  Hopefully, starting tomorrow I will start working on posting 3 or 5 items each day.   


So, here is a preview of what I will be posting on my Etsy shop.  Lots of felted wool pins...actually they  have a dual purpose, they also have clips so they can be clipped to hair, a headband or even a tote/handbag.

My friend June was the inspiration for many of the pins with the fabric yo-yos.  When she came to visit me last August, she re-introduced me to yo-yos and using them to create pins/clips.    I love using layers of felted wool sweater flower shapes, layers of tulle, fabric yo-yos, and crochet flowers/doilies with button or brad centers.




 These felted flowers were popular this fall at the craft shows.  So I will also be posting these on Etsy in the coming days...weeks.
 Probably my favorite and most time consuming to create are these Felted Rose pins.  Each petal is handsewn to create a large rose pin/clip.  I will also be posting these on Etsy...soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You've got a lot of ambition and it always inspires me. Love seeing all the colors they are so pretty...miss you bunches. Sorry we missed each other today on the phone.

    ReplyDelete