Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

My favorite color is purple.  My second favorite color is RED.  Creating a project with lots of red is always fun for me.  Thanks to inspiration and lessons taught by Margie Romney-Aslett  and her class Spark the Event, Love, Love Love
I created one of the many wonderful projects taught in her class.  She creates many of her projects with paper doilies, text papers, music notes papers, vintage elements and of course...Glitter!   All have become a favorite of mine.  This project gave me a good excuse to uncover little treasures I have stashed away in my studio.  Best of all, it is a great home decor project I personalized with items that have special meaning.  I love ladybugs...reminds me of so many painting friends from my years as a member of the Houston Ladybug Chapter of Decorative Painters.  Love butterflies...reminds me of my mom. The red fabric measuring tape also reminds me of my mom (wedding dress seamstress) and my age (46 going on 47).   Our family has 4 members - my family is my world.  Love them all!





 My project grew a little.  Also taught in the Spark the Event, Love, Love, Love class was how to make  large paper flowers.  I found these old "ugly" frames at an estate sale for $1.  I have now re-purposed them by adding the text paper and music notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment