Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Healing Scrapbook

I don't know if it's because I have not considered myself an accountant for many, many years or what, but I am having a difficult time focusing on a task that really needs to be done.   It's tax time!  I have a book full of receipts and spreadsheets of Cost of Goods Sold in progress for my little business...Isa Creations.   I really need to just sit down at my computer and enter all this important data into my spreadsheets so I can prepare a Schedule C.  I told myself I was going to start this "project" two weeks ago.  I have not started yet...tomorrow..I will start tomorrow!

So, instead of taking care of some financial business, I have completed an e-course (although the projects I plan to do as a result of the e-course are still in the gathering supplies stage).  I have been working on updating my Etsy store...done.  I have been completing numerous applications for shows this Spring, Summer and even one for September...done.  Perhaps the biggest distraction has been feeling a strong need to scrapbook.

I have many, so many, scrapbooking projects that I want to start but have not.  Focusing on my little business has taken alot of my time.  Although I am a stay at home mom, the kids and the house keep me very busy.  Most evenings in my studio have been for Isa Creations with the exception of the last few weeks.  I have taken several wonderful e-courses that have inspired my creativity in more ways than one.   I have worked on several projects for me. 


I even created a mini paper bag scrapbook!  I can't remember the last time I created a scrapbook of any kind -- big or small.   This scrapbook is very personal to me.  It's about loss and finding a way to move on.   The photos are all from November 2011 -- days before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving 2011.  My sister and her two teenage boys came to our home for Thanksgiving.  My sister lost a husband and her kids a dad at the end of September 2011.  Robert's death was sudden and unexpected.   I think about my sister and nephews every day...and Robert too.  He was a brother to me and his loss continues to ache in my heart.  This scrapbook is about Robert and those he left behind.  It's about his family continuing to honor his memory by doing the things they did as a family.  It's about remembering his sense of humor, his deep love for his family and friends.  It's about living without him, yet keeping him in our hearts.   This book is bittersweet...but it was also important that I create it...for my sister, her kids, my family and me.








No comments:

Post a Comment