Monday, February 27, 2012

Up-Cycled Vintage Linen and Tart Tins Pin Cushions

With the Spring Sugar Plum Bazaar just around the corner -- March 10th & 11th at the Parkside Mansion on 1859 York Street, Denver ... I have been working on creating more small pin cushions.  Last year, most of the small pin cushions I made using vintage embroidered linens had a small ceramic bowl as the base.  I created a few more using the white ceramic base like these:

In the last few months, I have been lucky to find a great assortment of vintage tart tins and jello molds at various estate sales.  So, for the Spring Sugar Plum Bazaar I have created many small pin cushions using the vintage tart tins as the base.  I am happy with the results:














 The last group are larger pin cushions.  These ceramic bases were not purchased at estate sales but at one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie.  I have not decided if I will sell these, or keep them for myself or give them away as gifts. 
I am looking forward to the Spring Sugar Plum Bazaar.  To get more information, you can check it out on Facebook here.

6 comments:

  1. Could you do a tutorial on how to make these. They are truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is it that you use on the rims? The gitter....and how does it stay on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. German Glass glitter. Dip the edge with decoupage and sprinkle the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get the actual pin cushion to look so round and perfect

    ReplyDelete