Thursday, April 12, 2012

Totes Bags - Vintage Linens & Findings

Inspired by the latest issue of Haute Handbags by Stampington & Co., I've created some fun tote bags...perfect for a day of shopping.  Shopping at estate sales on a weekly basis is always a fun shopping surprise.  Generally, I have an idea of what type of items will be available at Estate Sales but there are always some type of treasure or another to find.  Most of the items I purchase are vintage linens, wooden thread spools, tart tins/jell-0 molds, vintage buttons, vintage jewelry...especially the old rhinestone type.

Sometimes I find things I am not sure how I will re-purpose but really like them and just believe I will figure it out later.  So, when I received the latest issue of Haute Handbags, I knew this was the perfect issue of inspiration for me.  I already had (still have more in progress) a bin fun of ruffled fabric I had ruffled with the intention of perhaps embellishing a pillow case, an apron or a tote.  This week, I've gotten busy creating tote bags with the ruffled material.  So far have one done (Black & White pictures below)...more to go.  The reason I only have one ruffled tote done is because I decided to play with some old vintage linens including a lace tablecloth to embellish tote bags.  Staying focused on just one thing is hard for me!

A new favorite of mine...if it does not sell I will keep it for me!



I love butterflies!

Old vintage tablecloth re-purposed...thinking of  dyeing the rest of it in color, but not sure..  still thinking.

Large rhinestone pin...missing a rhinestone but that's okay, right?
Another favorite of mine, like all the layers. 

Layers of tulle, vintage crochet doilie, felted wool flower and vintage rhinestone pin.

This one was just fun to make.  Found this pink crochet doilie last week at an estate sale.  Added a dress-form pin.

Felted Wool Dress-form embellished with crochet lace and rhinestones. I made 3 more pins to sell at upcoming shows.

Delicate Vintage lace with an embroidered butterfly...added rhinestones (used a vintage necklace).

Love how this lace just hangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment