Monday, January 14, 2013

Heart Shaped Vintage Linen Pin Cushions...

I have been juggling several things.  I have been working for at least a few hours a day on my Isa Creations business books as tax time will be upon us before you know it.  I have most of the Income worksheets completed, next will be the expenses.  Not fun but necessary and by spending a few hours most days, I can see progress and don't feel so overwhelmed.  After I entered all my Etsy sales on a worksheet, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I actually sold during 2012 on my Etsy shop, Isa Creations Vintage.

I love the few hours I spent watching the videos for Christy Tomlinson's class, She Had Three Hearts Art Journaling on-line workshop.  I have learned so much about various painting mediums that I can't wait to put them to use.  However, before I create several mix media projects, I needed to take some time to create some vintage linen pin cushions for Valentine's day.

I hope to add them to my Etsy shop by the end of the week.  I have acquired a nice collection of heart shaped tins.  With Valentine's day approaching, I realized they would be perfect pin cushions.  I also decided to experiment with crochet lace from a pillowcase I purchased last week at an estate sale.  It had a beautiful pink crochet edge...now it's part of a heart shape pin cushions.

Here is my latest creations:

This took some time to create because I attached the lace by hand-stitching.   I can't use any type of glue to attach the lace to pin cushions because the glue hardens...making it difficult to use pins.  I loved how this turned out that I will  keep this one for me...this will not be for sale.


Hand-stitched the crochet flowers onto the pin cushion base.

It reminds me of a cupcake with ruffled layers of icing!








No comments:

Post a Comment