Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More Heart Shape Vintage Linen Pin Cushions...

I am definitely a night owl!  I can stay up very late, sometimes as late at 2 a.m.  Problem is, the mornings!  I have to get up by 6:45 to get Alex (my 8 year old son) to school.  Getting up is difficult, but once I am up I am fine.  I can usually function with little sleep.

Today my daughter Laura (age 15) is on her first major school trip.  The Columbine High School Orchestra and Band are traveling to Orlando Florida to spend the next 5 days in Disney World and Universal Studios.  They will be performing at Disney.  This morning, she needed to be at school by 4:15 a.m. so they can then be transported to the airport for a very early flight.   So last night I was not tired and knew I would stay up late...1 a.m. came and I am still wide awake.  Around 2 a.m. I knew I would just stay up because if I went to bed I would have a very difficult time waking up at 3:30 to make sure Laura was up.   I took Laura to school at 4:15 a.m....it was so cold!  The truck temperature stated it was -1.   When I returned home, I was not sleepy....probably because of the bitter cold.

So I decided to just stay up and not go to bed.  I am awake and blogging.  I created more vintage linen heart shaped pin cushions....Valentine's day!

I loved creating the pin cushions with the crochet edge.  It reminds me of a cupcake with layers of ruffled icing.

The house will be very quiet this week without Laura.  I know Laura will have a great time with her friends.  She plays the violin, just like I did when I was in High School.  As a matter of fact, she plays what was once my violin.  My little girl  is spreading her wings...like a butterfly.  I look forward to Sunday, when my little girl returns home.



Purple and Butterflies...my favorites in one pin cushion!


Small Vintage Oval Tart tins, they almost look like little candies...



More Heart Shaped Vintage Linen Pin Cushions

No comments:

Post a Comment