Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Re-purposed -- Chalkboards

One of my favorite items on Pinterest are Chalkboards.  Whether it's decorative chalkboard lettering or re-purposing items into chalkboards.  Now, when I am at an estate sale, I look for items I can re-purpose into a functional chalkboard.

I just finished a few new Chalkboard projects.

Vintage suitcase with pristine interior.  As I was drawing this house with chalk, my daughter Laura said it was making her sad.  Why?

It's a drawing of our old house in Houston...17330 was our house number.  After 7 years, Laura still misses her old home.



Re-purposed leather briefcase.  You don't see people carry these anymore.  Another drawing of a House with chalk.

This is a huge clipboard.  I painted it with many layers of chalkboard paint then "seasoned" the chalkboard.  I added pegboard circles/flower along with vintage button pins.

Old wooden clothespins (durable not flimsy like some of the newer ones) PAINTED  with chalkboard paint.

I stamped Halloween images and added magnets to  some of the chalkboard clothespins.


Paper Mache house boxes painted with chalkboard paint.  Stamped with chalk paint and sealed.


All of these items will be available at the Checkered Corner this weekend.  The Checkered Corner will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday - September 20 -22, 2013.  Follow this link for more details on times and address.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment