Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Garlands or Buntings at Checkered Corner

A special opening of the Checkered Corner will be tomorrow, January 16 from 4-7 p.m.  It will open for regular hours on January 17 - 19th.  This link will provide all the details on location and times.

I was not able to photograph my new vintage linen buntings or garlands in my backyard as I hoped.  More snow (not a problem) and very windy (a big problem) and my lingering cold prevented me from taking those photos. 

Earlier today, I hung all my new vintage linen buntings/garlands on the 2nd floor bedroom where Isa Creations can be found at the Checkered Corner in downtown Littleton.




A few of these buntings or garlands have a Valentine theme mixed with a little bit of mix media influence.  I created two buntings with the words "love" using free motion sewing to create a more layered look along with vintage trims and doilies.


The other "love" garland or bunting using the free motion sewing technique has the words with more scrolls and cursive look, along with vintage trims.  





2 comments:

  1. I love all of your linens that you work with. Where in the world do you find all of them. I'm very jealous. I would love to be able to find as many as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      I find most of the linens at local estate sales. Isabel

      Delete