Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Vintage Putz Houses at Rue de Noel, A Paris Street Christmas Market

If you have visited my blog before, you will know how much I love houses! 

Whether it's mix media, fabric, paper....pretty much anything!  

One of my popular Christmas items is the Putz inspired paper houses.  I love making them.  I love mixing different scrapbook papers to create many one of a kind, unique paper houses.

And, speaking of Putz houses.  I have to stay, there is something about those original vintage Putz houses that I love.  

The first time I saw one of them was many years ago at my husbands family Christmas.  The Putz houses were part of the Christmas Tree display at the base of the tree.  HO model trains, houses and these wonderful little treasured Putz houses.  We now own part of that collection and we cherish it.  It's a part of my husbands childhood and for me, it reminds me of my in-laws, especially my father in law (who sadly we lost a few years ago). 

This past year, I found many treasures at various local estate sales.  At one of those sales during the summer, I found a collection of vintage Putz houses.  Although I usually keep these houses for my own personal collection, I will have a few for sale this year at Rue de Noel's, A Paris Street Christmas Market this Friday and Saturday in Aspen Grove, Littleton.  See below for the poster for more details on the event or follow this link.

I created a 2 different scenes with these vintage Putz houses, they will be available at Rue de Noel's, A Paris Street Christmas Market..

I placed 3 putz houses (one a church) inside this cake dome.  I purchased the wooden cake dome at an estate sale.  I painted with Annie Sloan Chalk paint, added some silver highlights and applied wax.  


 The second scene is not covered.  It's on a rectangle tart pan. 


Using smaller round tart pans, I created a little scene with a bottle brush tree and toys at the base. 

I bleached, dyed...sprinkled with a mix of German Silver & White Glitter and Mica.  The toys are monopoly game pieces.  These will also be available this Friday and Saturday at Rue De Noel's, A Paris Street Christmas Market.







And, finally.

I will have lots of bleached and hand-dyed Pink and Teal bottle brush trees available  this Friday and Saturday at Rue de Noel's A Paris Street Christmas Market.



Here is the details on

http://www.aparisstreetmarket.com/rue-de-noel.php

2 comments:

  1. how i wish i lived in colorado and could attend your shows. since i live in california how can i purchase one of your sweet houses? i went to your etsy site but it's empty. thank you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have neglected my Etsy shop for some time now. It seems I only have time to create and sell at shows. I can't seem to find time to take pictures and create listing for my items for my Etsy shop. Did you have an interest in the paper houses I have been creating using scrapbook paper? Please email me at catpainter00@msn.com and maybe we can work something out.

      Delete