Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Son Alex and Spongebob Homemade Card

My son Alex is only 6 years old but he is very charming and bright. During our recent visit to El Paso to visit my family, Alex gave a homemade card to his cousin Tony. We celebrated Tony's 16th birthday during our visit.

For as long as I can remember, Tony has been a huge and loyal fan of Spongebob. Alex remembered that and before leaving for our trip, Alex drew Tony's favorite characters. It was quit simple, he took an 8.5 x 11 paper...folded in half and drew the characters using only a pencil. Alex did these drawings 100% on his own!

Truly, this card came from the heart -- that did not surprise me at all. Alex loves to draw and is extremely creative and imaginative whether he is playing with his GeoTrax, Dinosuars or Stuffed Animals.

But I must confess, this card surprised me. The details in these characters impressed me. I am a very proud mama and would like to showcase my son's artwork...at least for me, it's ART!
I just love all the details ....






This is the inside part of the card. The photos above are just closeup of the characters.


1 comment:

  1. How sweet. Alex is getting really good with his pencil. Sign that boy up for some art lessons! He could be the next Picasso (sp?)!!!

    ReplyDelete