Thursday, August 25, 2011

Butterfly Pin to Coordinate with Embellished T-Shirt

One of my favorite fabrics is from the Authentic line created by Sweetwater Fabrics by Moda.  Sadly, I can no longer find this fabric so I find it difficult to use this fabric since I can't find it anymore.  However, as a special treat for myself...I  used it to embellish one of my plain black t-shirts with a ruffle.  I love the newsprint pattern on this fabric.  I also created a coordinating pin using the same fabric with two layers of felted wool (black and red).  The center has a black glass vintage button.  I added a couple of tulle black leaves.  Since butterflies are my favorite,  I  created an extra fun pin for myself.  The  butterfly pin was created using a felted wool  and small black beads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment