Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Butterfly Week

This past week went by quickly.  At the beginning of the week, I had plans to work on creating more up-cycled dress-forms using vintage linens but instead, it turned out to be a week of butterflies.  I started my week by finishing some in progress projects....the embellished t-shirts with fabric ruffles and coordinating pins (I posted those pictures during this past week).

Sometimes, I find I lack focus.  As I was sorting through my vintage linen collection, I came across a bag full of felted wool sweater scraps.  Since storage space is an issue, I decided I should use those scraps since I needed the storage space for, you guess it...vintage linens.  This is where my week took a creative detour (happens often).  Usually, I will use my sizzix die cut machine to cut flower shapes from the scraps but this week, I remembered I have several new sizzix dies.  Two of those new dies are butterflies.  

So, I cut butterfly shapes this week.  My new favorite  butterfly dies is sizzix but sold through Stampin' Up.  I used the Beautiful Butterflies Stampin' Up! Bigz Die.  I was able to cut two different sizes and shapes from the same die...love that!  Inspired to create more butterfly projects, I went on to create many butterfly pins (3 diffferent shapes/sizes), magnets (2 sizes) and even rings!

  It was a great week.  The kids went back to school and  loving it.  I had a productive creative week as I continue to learn so much from Kelly Rae Robert's Flying Lessons E-course and created new items for my upcoming craft shows.   This coming week, I will post pictures of my new butterflies.  Here is a preview...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment