Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mix Media Birdhouses - at Checkered Corner this Weekend!

I had planned to write a new blog post days ago to share my adventures at Horseshoe Market (short but very strong thunderstorm hit shortly after the show ended but before I packed everything up! -- I will share next week).

Instead,  I decided to post about why I never got around to writing about Horseshoe Market.  I have been having too much fun creating one of a kind  new Mix Media Birdhouses.

Mix Media combines my love of painting, scrapbook papers and playing with textures.  These unfinished wood/tin  birdhouses have been in a plastic bin for years...I am not kidding.  These are back from the days of decorative painting.

This month, the Checkered Corner's theme is Birds, Birdhouses and Blues.  This theme was a great motivator for me to dig out that bin and create something unique with these birdhouses.

Checkered Corner is open this Friday, May 17, 18, 19th. 
5650 South Curtice Street, Historic Downtown Littleton
Friday & Saturday 10 -6
Sunday noon - 4 

reclaimed, repurposed & vintage collections for home and garden
 

 Mix Media Birdhouses were created using:

  • Unfinished Birdhouses
  • Vintage Theme Scrapbook Papers
  • Heavy Gel Medium
  • Vintage Plastic Doilies
  • Annie Sloan Chalkboard Paint
  • Annie Sloan Silver Gilding Wax
  • Annie Sloan Soft Wax Clear
New Mix Media Birdhouses will be  available at Checkered Corner










No comments:

Post a Comment