Friday, August 20, 2010

Frayed Fabric Twisted & Rolled Rosettes or Flowers - PINS and Embellishments

Using an assortment of fabrics, including a fabric with text, I created several frayed fabric twisted and rolled flowers. Intially, I was just going to create the flowers with the fabric. Later, I decided to use some of my vintage buttons, they seem to add some character to these fabric flowers. I thought these would be great flowers that could be used as embellishments on scrapbooks, cards, pins, hair accesories, etc.

I made these in preparation for upcoming craft shows. I thought it would be fun to take some of these flowers and make them into pins (for the craft fairs). The only problem is that I felt the flowers needed "something." I decided to add some leaves from several felted green wool sweaters. It still need something....that's when I added a leaf made from tulle. I really like the combinations of the fabric, felted wool, vintage buttons and tulle.

So, here is my version of a Frayed Fabric Twisted and Rolled Rosette Pins:

Here is the picture of the rosettes I left to be used in future projects.

Closeup of a pin with a vintage button.



I layered two buttons for this pin:







Again, layered two buttons to create this unique pin:

One of my favorite things about crafting is how so much of what I make is unique. Using materials that are vintage and limited in quantity (felted wool from wool sweaters purchased at thrift stores) always lends itself to creating something that is one of a kind. I think that is the beauty of handmade items. We add a part of ourselves and the materials used along with all the inperfections adds to it's uniqueness.






No comments:

Post a Comment