Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Music Paper Flowers with Bead Centers

It's been about two weeks since I have updated my blog. I have been busy working on many new upcycled projects. All involve making more flowers...I just love flowers!

I have been creating flowers with papers from an old outdated World Atlas, a favorite novel (duplicate copy) and a music book. I have also been busy creating some fabric flowers from an old lace tablecloth I purchased at the thrift store. The table cloth was ivory but after I created the flowers, I painted them with Glimmer Mist so now they have color!

Not all of my projects have been created from old things. Some are with new fabric; however, the center for these fabric flowers have vintage buttons on the centers (not the polymer clay buttons that I have used but the original buttons).

I have more projects that are currently in progress and once I complete those, I will post them as well.

To start, I am posting my Upcycled Paper Music Flowers first. The centers have little beads. Since I love color, I had to use different colors for the center of these flowers.





A close up photo of one of my favorites, black beads in the center.





The kids will be going back to school next Monday. Hopefully, soon after, I will post some of these flowers on my Etsy shop.

Tomorrow, I will post pictures of more flower projects...




No comments:

Post a Comment