Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Frayed Colored Muslin Fabric Flowers

I can always find inspiration when I visit Donna Downey's blog. About a week ago, she posted a video of her creating a journal page. On that journal page were beautiful frayed fabric flowers. She created them using muslin fabric, then....using Glimmer Mist, sprayed the flowers with two color combinations and added seed beads to the center of the flowers. I was so inspired, I had to give it a try. I created a few flowers similar to what Donna Downey created. I also added my own twist. On the purple flower, I added one of my own clay buttons. I created those buttons from a mold I made from a vintage button. I plan to create more of these flowers and just have fun applying glimmer mist colors. Glimmer Mist is a product by Tattered Angels. Visit the Tattered Angels blog for more inspiration.
I plan to use these flowers on my scrapbook pages, cards and even make a few pins!

2 comments: