Sunday, August 22, 2010

Upcycled Lace Tablecloth into Flower Pins

During the spring, I came across an old cottonlike lace tablecloth at the thrift store. A week ago, I cut it up to create these flowers. The original color of the tablecloth was ivory or cream. After I completed the flowers, I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. I also added my polymer clay buttons created from molds of vintage buttons. Like the rolled flower pins, I decided these flowers needed leaves from felted wool sweaters and a leaf from tulle. After these flowers were completed I added a pin. Closeup up photos of flower pins, I chose some fall colors since I plan to have these available for upcoming craft shows.
I sprayed this flower with two Glimmer Mist colors, Fully Purple and Turquoise Blue.







This flower has the original color of the old tablecloth. I did spray some Marshmallow Glimmer Mist, it gave it a little shimmer or shine.








No comments:

Post a Comment