Friday, June 8, 2012

Road Trip To Austin

When it rains on the Wagners, it pours!  The kids and I are finally  headed to Austin, TX this morning.  This will be a 2 day road trip but really I feel like we have been on this "road" for sometime.  We can plan for many things, or at least try to plan but I also believe God has other plans for us.   Every summer the kids and I look forward to our road trip to visit my family in El Paso, TX.  We have made this annual trip, without fail for over 13 years.  Sadly, this year we will not be making this trip.  Believe me I wish we were making the trip to El Paso because that would mean life would be "normal" for us.  But life is not normal for us...it has not since early March.

My father in law, who lives in Austin TX is terminally ill with cancer.  He is a very private person, so I will honor him by not providing any more details on his illness.  We love him and imagining a world without him is very difficult.  My husband has always been a loving husband, a wonderful dad and great friend.  I always knew he was a good son but he is more than that.  He has been in Austin since May 26th to be with his dad and mom during this very difficult time.  His parents need him more than ever and I am glad that he has been able to be with them.  We miss him but are also very proud of him. 

The kids and I planned on joining David in Austin as soon as school was out but several factors kept us at home one more week.  I will only mention three...major repair to our Ford Excursion, root canal (me) and our lovely tree!  Yep, that is a one of the trees in the backyard that decided to come down last Saturday evening...after high winds visited our area! 

Thankfully, no damage to the house.  The tree sort of landed on the patio roof and fireplace.   The tree company removed the tree on Tuesday so before anything else happens here, we will go to Austin, TX.  We don't know how long we will be gone but I wish we were going under other circumstances.     I also want to thank all of our friends(near and far) and neighbors who have been very supportive.  Thanks Staci for taking care of our house, mail, and whatever comes up.   Amy, thanks for babysitting our little gold fish.  Thanks Lisa for knowing that I can always count on you.  And, lastly, thanks to my family in El Paso who understand why we can't go visit them this summer.   

I will have my Etsy shop on vacation mode until we return. 



No comments:

Post a Comment