Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rose Pins - Felted Wool

I just finished a new batch of my large felted wool Rose Pins.  Another example of up-cycling old discarded wool sweaters into something new.  Each petal on these rose pins is hand-stitched.  I attach a pin and clip on the back so you can either pin it to a jacket, coat, tote or clip it onto a scarf or hair.  My inventory was completely depleted; so, naturally, I needed to make more.

These will be available this Saturday, September 29, 2012 at Sweet Williams Market in Stapleton and  at the 41st Annual Friends of the Library and Museum Craft Fair  scheduled for Saturday, October 6th, 2012 in Ketring Park, next to the Littleton Historical Museum, 6028 South Gallup Street and will take place regardless of weather from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Keep your fingers crossed for good weather for both events!

I also up-cycled cake pans by adding a touch of silver glitter and paint to create cake stands .  I stacked these up-cycled cake stands to create a 3 cake tier effect.  I added many of my new felted wool Rose Pins.  






No comments:

Post a Comment