Thursday, September 27, 2012

Vintage Embroidery Linen Pin Cushions...in glass bowls

Recently I found some small glass bowls at estate sales I decided to buy for two reasons...they were really inexpensive and I just liked them.  Soon after I realized, they would make great vintage linen pin cushions.  These are heavier and more fragile than the pin cushions I normally make with vintage Jell-O molds or tart tins but still, variety is always good.

I also experimented with covering the inside of the scallop glass bowls with silver German glass glitter but only added the glitter to the edge of the other style glass since it has a pretty cut glass design. I will have these available for upcoming shows, including Sweet Williams this Saturday, September 29th at Stapleton.

Here are the pictures:


I will have one to sell and one I will be keeping...love this one.



Love cats despite the fact I am very allergic to them...will keep one of these as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment