Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Birthday Gifts - Lisa's Birthdy

I just realized I missed blogging about my friend Lisa's birthday last month.  Her birthday was on February 22nd and on that day we got to spend a fun day together.  We went to Park Meadows Mall, shopped at several of our favorite stores.  Had a delicious leisurely lunch.  It was so nice to spend the day with a friend...celebrating her birthday.

Lisa and I share many interest. We like many of the same books, movies and TV shows.  She also loves vintage things, so some of her birthday gifts would include vintage materials.  Creating birthday gifts for my friends is one of my favorite things to do.  Like me, one of Lisa's favorite colors are purple/lavender and silver...so that became my color palette for many of her gifts.

Her birthday card:

It was fun to decorate the gifts with doilies, fabric strips and of course, butterflies and birds.  I added one of my felted wool butterfly pins to her package.
 This was fun to create.  Old muffin tin I purchased at an estate sale along with some vintage and new trinkets to fill the muffin pan.  I added knobs to each side of the tin. 



Added one of my paper butterfly magnets and felted wool flower pin.


This is one of those projects I have been wanting to create for some time.   This is one of the many projects taught my Margie Romney-Aslett's class Spark Your Christmas.  An old lampshade with "bones."  They are harder to find since most lampshades do not have the wires going vertically.  Took off the fabric exposing the wires and just had fun adding vintage lace & trims, fabric strips, vintage rhinestone button.    This one  I made for Lisa.  Tomorrow I will post the one I made for me...same color palette.




No comments:

Post a Comment