Thursday, March 22, 2012

Staci's Birthday!

Last week was Staci's birthday.  Staci also loves all things vintage.  As a matter of fact, it is Staci who introduced me to the world of felted wool and vintage.  Staci has a natural ability to see an item in it's current condition (old, dirty, broken) and have a clear vision of what it can be...how it can be re-purposed! My friend truly has talent.  Staci's favorite colors are turquoise/teal and browns/natural.  With this color palette, I made several of her birthday gifts.

Usually, I make most of my birthday cards but I decided to give Staci a vintage card I found some time ago.  The colors were just right and it just reminded me of her.

 Gift wrapping is part of the gift.  I used a large vintage plastic doilie, burlap ribbon and one of my felted wool butterfly pins.

 I have found several vintage muffin tins in recent estate sales.  I cleaned it up, added some silver alcohol ink then added vintage and new trinkets.  Very similar to the one I made for Lisa's birthday, just a different color palette.

Instead of using knobs for the handles, I used unique vintage wooden bobbins.  I found many of these bobbins at an estate sale.   I debated purchasing so many because it added up quickly, but I decided to buy most of them since these were items I had never seen before...so glad that I purchased them.




 I only had a small lampshade with bones. I found it on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  These Chan-dies are fun and unique.   I love combining vintage materials with new materials.





No comments:

Post a Comment