Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to School and Halloween Houses-Mix Media

This summer just flew by!  We did spent a month in Austin, but somehow, I can't explain where July and half of August went. Now, the kids are back at school.  Laura is now a sophomore at Columbine High School.  She completed her one week driving course in August...she now has a driving permit!!  As a mom, I am not prepared for this.  Alex, is now in third Grade.  On the first day( Monday, August 20th), he was a bit sad because he learned that now they only get one recess, rather than 2.  Laura wants to grow up too quickly; but, Alex (thankfully) is not in such a hurry.

Here are a few highlights of Alex's Star Wars and Clone Wars theme.  Alex composition notebooks and some school supplies are Lego themed.  Alex decided to get a bigger backpack but it's just solid colors rather than a themed (like Star Wars/Legos)  backpack -- I guess he is also growing up.



I have also been working on mix media Halloween Houses.  Here is a preview.  I plan to provide more detailed photos of each house in my next blog postings.  These were fun to make and rather addictive.  I have 3 completed but have many more in progress.  I wanted them to have a vintage look to them so I added silver German glass glitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment