Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bottle Brush Tree - Vintage Look

When the kids got home last week, they asked, "what is that smell?"  Bleach is just not pleasant.   I had the windows opened but the smell seemed to linger.  I have been wanting to bleach bottle brush trees for what seems like forever.   I loved the results of bleaching the green color away of Christmas bottle brush trees.  I had to continue with this experiment, tinting the trees.  After I tinted the bottle brush trees is several colors, I then added silver German glass Glitter and Vintage Mica.  Oh, I also replaced the white plastic base on most of the trees with wood bases.  This was definitely a project with many steps and some patience but I am happy with the results.   I love the vintage look to these trees.





No comments:

Post a Comment