Sunday, October 21, 2012

Felted Wool Snowmen and Snow-women Pins

Last week I was having to die-cut many leaves for unfinished  felted wool flower pins I found in a box.  Apparently, last year I tried to finish many new flower felted wool pins for my last craft show of the year, but ran out of time.  I never finished them.... probably because after my last craft show last December, our family went on a Disney family vacation.  Thankfully, while doing some re-organizing (I seem to continually do that!) I found a box full of unfinished flowers.  That was a wonderful surprise because with a little more work like adding leaves, minor details and pin backs, I had a fresh new batch of felted wool flower pins.  These will be ready and available for my upcoming craft shows and .... well, I have a surprise but I will wait until Wednesday to tell you about that.

So, long story short, I found myself doing more than die-cutting leaves last week.  I found my snowman sizzix die which I have never used before.  I decided it was time to use it.  So I cut lots of felted wool snowmen shapes.  Of course, I wanted them to have a vintage feel to them so I looked through my vintage lace, buttons and crochet doilies to see what I could come up with.  They took some time to create, mostly because I have a hard time deciding which materials to use and in what combination.  Once I decided on a style and materials, it became easier.  To make my pins sturdier, I glued two layers of felted wool snowmen shapes together...that way, they can "stand up" straighter.

So, here are my latest Snow people pins!





No comments:

Post a Comment