Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Splash of Spring at Checkered Corner in April

Checkered Coner will be open on

April 19, 20 & 21
A Splash of Spring


Come visit us at
  5650 South Curtice Street, Littleton, CO (Historic Downtown)
reclaimed, repurposed & vintage collections for home and garden

Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday 12 to 4
 If you came by last month, you are in for a wonderful surprise as you walk in and see how Spring has arrived at the Checkered Corner.  Click on this link to see preview pictures of new things at Checkered Corner.

This month you will also see new things from me.


Chenille Pillows and Painted Bird Houses
 A few months ago, I found 2 Twin size Vintage Chenille Bedspreads at an estate sale.  These White Cabin Craft - Needle Tuft Chenille bedspreads have been freshly laundered (like all vintage linens I purchase).  The floral design on this Chenille is something I wanted to showcase.  The answer for me was....Pillows!

Thanks to a friend's suggestion, I dyed portions of the Chenille Bedspreads.  Since this month is a Splash of Spring, I dyed the Chenille in Spring pastel colors.   I did keep a portion of the Chenille in it's original white color and created 2 pillows.



The pillows are done with an envelope style slipcover which allows you to easily remove and wash.  Inside is a new pillow form with a zippered cover. 

The bling added to the pillows is something I am not sure about.  What do you think? Keep the Vintage/Vintage Inspired Rhinestone pins or remove them?





No comments:

Post a Comment