Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Vintage Glass Milk Bottles & Pinwheels at Checkered Corner's A Splash of Spring

A couple of weeks ago, I was fortunate to spend a day during Texas Antique Weekend in Warrenton, TX.  Our Spring breaks are usually spent in Texas visiting family and friends.  Alex calls it the Texas Tour.  Our 2 day road trip from Littleton, CO to Houston TX....then to Austin...then San Antonio.  
After San Antonio, we were able to start our trip back home via Warrenton, TX.  It was a great day with June, her husband and my family.  June and her husband returned to San Antonio while we headed towards Lindale, TX (near Tyler, TX).
One of my best finds was two vintage milk crates with 2 dozen vintage glass milk bottles.  Earlier this week, I washed all the milk bottles.
This month, Checkered Corner is featuring a SPLASH OF SPRING!
  Although we have had lots of snow in the last few weeks, thinking of Spring inspired me to add a little something to the vintage glass milk bottles.  
These milk bottles would make great flower vases.  My rose bushes in the backyard have yet to bloom, so...naturally I decided to create something with paper.

Pin-Wheels!

Shredded dictionary paper inside the bottles




I found 3 vintage glass milk bottles at an estate sale last week.


All these items will be available at

will be open
April 19, 20, 21
5650 South Curtice Street
Historic Downtown Littleton

Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday 12 to 4

Many great items can be found at Checkered Corner.  Visit Checkered Corner's blog for more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment