Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Vintage Linen Repurposed Pillows, Part 1 of 2

I have been sewing everyday for weeks now.  After completing all the vintage hankie table runners I moved on to creating vintage linen re-purposed pillows.  Since pillows always take much more space in the booth, I decided to try something different.  Most of my new pillows now have zipper openings at the bottom.  I will still have many pillows with pillow forms in them, but not all of them.  This will allow me to take more pillows to the shows without taking so much space.

All these pillows will be available this May 
at A Paris Street Market in Aspen Grove, May 2nd 
and

These pillows were once vintage embroidered linens now re-purposed in fun decorative pillows:


This is a larger pillow, I think it's about 18 inches in height and 12 or 13 in width.

 I added a cluster of crochet flowers to accentuate the flowers in the embroidered linen.


I added a small crochet flower with a vintage mother of pearl button.
 Love the colors on these pair of Peacock embroidered pillows:

Many embroidered details in this orange blossom pillow set.



 Love the little poem:
 This sweet black and white pillow is the only one that does not have a zipper opening. 
 Sweet embroidered pillow with a prayer said by many kids at bedtime.
 Love the details of the embroidered child:
 

These 2 pillows are the only ones that are not an embroidered linen.

  
A view of the zipper, on the bottom of the pillow:

No comments:

Post a Comment